6 Must Try Mexican Cocktails for Cinco De Mayo
Like Americans love to celebrate French holidays, it goes the same with Cinco de Mayo as well. Legends claim that Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day, as a matter of fact, it is not a national Mexican holiday at all. It can be deemed an American holiday and is celebrated with as much glory as other out of the box festivals. When celebrating Cinco de Mayo, you need to celebrate it in American Mexican style. And this is only possible by making the most of delicious Mexican cocktails like:
Things you need
- Light beer
- Chilly glass
- Kosher salt
- Have a chilly glass and dip its rims in water, then the kosher salt.
- Then, sprinkle some amount of salt in the bottom of the glass as well and then add lime juice.
- Fill it halfway with ice then add your beer.
- The half lime juice is ideal for one chelada.
If you want to go overboard, then add chile powder to the salt.
It is just like chelada, but there are many versions of this by adding Worcester dashes, soy and Tabasco sauces and sometimes even michelada ready mix. There are many regional and individual variations in recipes and names when it comes to micheladas. It is recommended to not go overboard with the sauces.
When it comes to Mexican drinks, tequila is the most favorite choice. If you want to relish it the Mexican way then don’t misuse it. Get a bottle of Mexican tequila, chill it and sip it slowly.
This mixes tequila with Kahlua.
- 5 parts tequila
- 1 part kahlua
- Juice of 1/4th lemon
Mix all of them with ice in a shaker, strain and serve it in a martini glass. You can garnish it with a lemon too.
What you need
- 1 shot of tequila
- The juice of half a lemon
- Splash of Curaçao
Mix all of them with ice in a shaker, strain and serve it in a martini glass. You can garnish it with a cherry too.
What you need
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. lime juice
- Kosher Salt
- Salt the rims of a chilled glass.
- Add all liquids with the ice and shake well
- Add the mixture into the glass
- Garnish this beverage with orange or limes. Know that the fresher the drink, the more delicious it is.